For the final drink, feel free to use your desired milk, but we prefer good ‘ole fashioned whole milk for this one! Heat roughly 12-14 ounces on the stove until it’s steaming (not boiling). Place the hot chocolate bomb in an empty mug and pour the hot milk on top. The bomb will gradually open and releasing all the marshmallows and cocoa, infusing your hot beverage with silky / creamy texture and oh so delicious chocolate taste.
WHAT CHOCOLATE IS BEST FOR MAKING CBD CHOCOLATE BOMBS?
Because we are melting the chocolate, a good quality chocolate bar with cocoa butter in it and very little else is going to achieve the right consistency. Chocolate chips and candy bars will not work. Couverture chocolate is actually made to melt for use in chocolate molds and is the recommended bar for this recipe.
Bars with 65% cocoa or more that contain cocoa butter will also work for making these chocolate bombs.
How TO Temper Chocolate
Tempering chocolate is a way of controlling the temperature by alternating between heating and cooling in order to make the resulting chocolate ball. This is where the thermometer will come into play, as the precise temperatures are important to find. Untempered chocolate will lose its shape and not have as good a taste. This process is explained in the instructions below – using a microwave and refrigerator.
24 oz semi-sweet (couverture) chocolate bar – recommended brand: Callebaut
1 cup mini marshmellows
6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
1/2g CBD Isolate
2 1/2″ Silicone Sphere Mold
1/4″ Paint Brush
- Using a chef’s knife, chop your bar into fine slivers (not chunks).
- Place slivers into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds and no more!
- Using a spatula, stir chocolate into a smooth, evenly heated blend. Use a thermometer to make sure it’s below 90 F.
- Heat again for 15 seconds, then stir again – repeating this step 2-5 more times until the chocolate is almost fully melted but never quite so.
- Add 1 to 2 grams of CBD Isolate, and blend evenly into chocolate. The mixing will use residual heat to bring chocolate to a melted consistency while you incorporate the CBD powder.
- Paint a thin layer of chocolate into the molds and refrigerate for 5 min.
- Paint another thin layer over the cooled first layer – paying special attention to build up the rim of the sphere. Refrigerate for 5 min.
- Remove the chocolate by pushing the convex side of the silicone mold until it’s inside-out. Fill each with 1 tblsp hot cocoa mix and marshmallows.
- Add some melted chocolate around the rim of one semi-sphere – this will act like glue – and attach the second sphere on top. Gently press to seal.
- Gently wipe away excess chocolate, or roll the ball in sprinkles for some extra pizzaz.
The time for federally legal marijuana has come. Yesterday, Senate Democrats released a draft bill for sweeping marijuana reform, The Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act,